At Allen Birthing Center we support you, your family, and your choices. Our goal is to provide education and information to help you make the best choices for the birth that you want, and support how you want to bring your baby into the world.
Your birth experience is not about us—it’s about you, your family, and your baby.
Considering Allen Birthing Center for prenatal or well woman care? Here is a glimpse into the services we are proud to provide our community.
Posted by Allen Birthing Center on Friday, July 1, 2016
Top 10 Reasons to Choose Allen Birthing Center for Your Pregnancy and Childbirth Care
- We’re proud to have been named “Best for Moms and Babies” by Dallas Child Magazine for the last six years running. Our midwife Amy Giles, CNM has also held honors as “Best Midwife” during the last six years. (2012-2017)
- More than 93% of moms who choose Allen Birthing Center deliver healthy, happy babies at the Birth Center. (The national transfer rate for out-of-hospital births is 17%.) Of our moms who transfer from the Birthing Center to a hospital, less than 4% require a cesarean birth. (Nationwide the average C-section rate is 32%.)
- Owner and Clinical Director Amy Giles, CNM, and Kristen Conroy, CNM maintain hospital privileges at Baylor Medical Center in McKinney. In the event a hospital transfer is required for your birth, Amy or Kristen will transfer with you as your primary medical professional and advisor at the hospital—to provide complete continuity of care for you and your baby. Amy and Kristen are among only a handful of midwives in the country to maintain dual privileges at an accredited freestanding birth center and an accredited hospital.
- In addition to deliveries at our birth center facility, Allen Birthing Center also provides homebirth support for families who meet our homebirth guidelines. We’re one of only a few centers in the Dallas area to offer both birth center and homebirth options with a Certified Nurse-Midwife.
- Both of our birthing suites include a private bath and a birthing tub. If a waterbirth is important to you, rest assured that a waterbirth option will be available regardless of which birthing room and suite is available at the time of your delivery.
- We always listen to our clients needs and desires. We were pleased to be the first birth center in DFW to offer Nitrous Oxide for relief during labor or any procedure that may cause the client discomfort or anxiety. Nitrous is quickly gaining popularity among mothers who desire an unmedicated birth yet very few hospitals are able to offer this service.
- We support families through all stages of breastfeeding. From the first latch through your entire breastfeeding journey we’re here to help! We have built an extensive community of professionals (IBCLCs, dentists, occupational therapists) to assist if complications arise. What ever your breastfeeding goals are we want to insure you have the tools to accomplish them!
- We’re a family affair! Allen Birthing Center is owned and operated by the husband and wife team of Jeff and Amy Giles, CNM. We offer not just a woman-centered philosophy of pregnancy care—but a complete family-centered focus—to support your individual needs, and the needs of your newborn and your family.
Many of our moms and families are repeat clients who come to Allen Birthing Center for their 2nd, 3rd, and even 8th (!) babies with us. We also often provide birth support to families and relatives, including sisters and even cousins.
- We are committed to supporting the future of midwifery in Texas and the U.S. and helping future midwives experience safe, natural childbirth at a freestanding birth center. Allen Birthing Center was the first freestanding birth center to serve as a teaching facility for the Baylor University School of Midwifery. We have also welcomed students from University of Utah, Texas Tech, and Frontier Nursing University.
- As the premier birth center in North Texas, our clients come from across the Dallas-Fort Worth area—including Allen, McKinney, Frisco, Plano, Denton, Lewisville, Carrollton, Greenville—and as far away as Houston and Oklahoma City. (We’ve even had clients travel from California, Colorado and South Carolina to birth with us.)
Why not see for yourself! Schedule a tour today and meet the midwives at
Allen Birthing Center. We’d love to show you around!