At Allen Birthing Center we honor women, families, and the spirit of birth. We focus on you, your family, and your newborn baby.
As a client at Allen Birthing Center you’ll receive one-on-one professional care, beginning with a complete physical exam including routine lab tests and pap smear.
During your pregnancy and birth, we’ll also provide:
- Prenatal care
- Nutritional and prenatal counseling
- Labor support
- Birth care
- Initial physical evaluation and testing for your baby
- Recovery and postpartum care for mom
- First postpartum checkup at your home for mom and baby
- Second postpartum checkup for mom and baby at the Birth Center
- Well-woman visit at 8-12 weeks postpartum
In the event that a hospital transfer is required during your birth, one of our midwives will accompany you to Baylor Medical Center of McKinney as your primary medical provider. Only a handful of midwives in the United States maintain dual privileges at an accredited birth center and an accredited hospital. Both Amy Giles, CNM and Kristen Conroy, CNM maintain this credential to ensure complete continuity of care for you and your baby.
Want to know more? Schedule a tour and one-on-one consultation to meet the midwives and talk with us about your birth plans.